tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Whelan <mwhe...@deisedesign.com>
Subject Re: Confusing Tomcat/Apache/Linux problem
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:17:59 GMT
I'd get rid of Apache and run Tomcat as a standalone until you find the
solution. It sounds like the context may not be set correctly. It's at
least a good sign that the 404 is coming from Tomcat, it shows that the mod
jk stuff is actually working.
Martin

At 15:04 05/07/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm helping somebody with a Tomcat installation that is being quite
>stubborn about working. He currently has Apache 1.3.20 acting as a proxy
>for Tomcat 4.1.24 on a Linux server. I've set up a trivial web app for
>Tomcat that consists of just a single html page. When I try to load the
>page I get a "404 - resource not available" page from Tomcat. I can tell
>from the logs that Tomcat is finding and loading my web app (its find the
>app specific web.xml), and matching the context path for the request. But
>then it can't find the html file, despite having found the web app
>previously. So it can find the file mytest/WEB-INF/web.xml when the server
>starts, but not mytest/index.html when a request comes in. The only things
>I can come up with are that filesystem permissions aren't set right
>(although I did chmod +rx for all the files in the web app), or that he
>shouldn't be using Tomcat 4.x with Apache 1.x. Anyone else have any ideas?
>

>Mitch Ratisher
>Silicon Valley Resident

Martin Whelan
Déise Design - www.deisedesign.com