tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Weller" <thomaswel...@wellisolutions.de>
Subject deleting JSP Files?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:25:25 GMT
Hello,

I have a JSP Project I want to deliver on CD. Of course I don't want to
provide all sources, so I decided only to include class-files.

I precompiled all JSP files to class files and then deleted the JSP
files. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work. Tomcat generates a
file not found error. Second, I compiled the JSPs and then overwrite
each of them with a single whitespace character. Even if Tomcat runs on
a write protected medium (with just access to the TEMP directory), it
displays a blank page then. How can that be? I thought that Tomcat would
use the class-files, if they exist.
Any suggestions?

My setting is autoDeploy="false".

Thanks,