tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Søren Neigaard <s.neiga...@mobilethink.dk>
Subject RE: javac vs. jikes (a corrected title now)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:36:15 GMT
Just interested in this also, can I change the compiler to use jikes,
and still use the Sun JVM?

/Søren

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Roberto M. Garcia [mailto:garcia@cptec.inpe.br]
Sent: 17. juli 2003 16:26
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: javac vs. jikes (a corrected title now)

Hi people,

I´m configuring Tomcat on Solaris as a production system to serve one
app
on our intranet. It really doesn´t have any static page, so we´ve
decided
not to integrate Apache. I´ve followed some of the optimization tasks
suggested on tomcat docs for a production environment. One of them is to

substitute javac by jikes and the question is: Does it really make any
diff? The docs say that jikes is faster than javac and it can compile
more
than one jsp simultaneously. Do you do this substitution? Does it really
worth?

Thanks in advance
JR Garcia

Jose Roberto M. Garcia          ICQ: 64364941
Tecnologista                            CPTEC/INPE
(12) 3186-8405                          MCT