tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Liles <Andrew.Li...@Wheel.co.uk>
Subject HOWTO obtain UserDatabase from a servlet?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:30:01 GMT
I wish to secure a website with a simple realm/user database
setup for a low usage site with low numbers of users.

UserDatabaseRealm (underpinned by MemoryUserDatabase) would
seem to be ideally suited.

How do I access the MemoryUserDatabase from a regular
application to be able to SET passwords, etc.

Once I have got a UserDatabase interface I know I can then
use findUser(..), but how do I get something implementing
the interface in the first case?  Is it some JNDI lookup or
ServletContext access?

I would appreciate your pointing me to some HOWTO
documentation.

Andrew.