tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Govinda Rao, Ragavendiran" <R.Govinda....@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Effect of J2SE upgrade on Tomcat
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:34:50 GMT
Bill,

Thank you very much. Is there any place where I can find these compatibility
/ support details for Tomcat versions?

Thanks in advance,
Raga

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barker [mailto:wbarker@wilshire.com]
Sent: 06 July 2003 08:12
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Effect of J2SE upgrade on Tomcat

AFAIK, there is no reason that you *have* to upgrade your TC version.  A
possible exception would be if you are using the stand-alone SSL Connector,
but I'm guessing that it would still work.

Of course, TC 3.2.x is no longer officially supported, so you can't expect
that any bugs that you report against it (e.g. you actually find problems
with the upgraded JVM) will be fixed.  The currently supported version for
the Servlet-2.2 Spec is TC 3.3.1(a).