tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject RE: cannot load db driver in Tomcat 5.0.4
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:17:13 GMT
I found that adding log4j.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib solved my
problem, but now I get the following error when I start Tomcat and there is
no logging to catalina.out:

(org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded).

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Raible, Matt
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 2:53 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: cannot load db driver in Tomcat 5.0.4

I'm trying to upgrade to Tomcat 5.0.4 and I'm getting the lovely error that
I love so much:

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

This app works beautifully in Tomcat 4.1.24 and I can put the exact same
directory, app.xml and jdbc driver in common/lib and it works.  Has anything
changed configuration-wise in 5.0.4?

Thanks,

Matt