tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geralyn M Hollerman <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject RE: Problem confinguring MySQL JNDI Datasource RH Linux 7.2
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:57:59 GMT
Scott Stewart wrote:

> You certainly can define your MySQL JNDI Datasource within the
> <GlobalResourceParams> node in server.xml.  This is how I have it set up
> currently and everything works fine (I am running Tomcat 4.1.24).  I sent
> the following out the other day in response to a different thread, but it
> applies here as well:

[...]
>     Context reference to global DataSource
>     --------------------------------------
>
>         <ResourceLink name="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool"
>                       global="jdbc/MySQLConnectPool"
>                       type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

I had seen several messages that said a MySQL JNDI datasource needed to
be in its own <Context>; however, none of them mentioned the
<ResourceLink> element - and as a matter of fact, I was just looking at
the "official" definition of that, as someone else sent me a server.xml
with that in it and I wasn't sure what it was doing. Your example makes
it clearer.

Thanks!
--
Lynn Hollerman.