tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: how to change to Tomcat work directory
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:31:54 GMT
You should be able to set this by modifying your server.xml and all
<context>.xml files:

Set the "workDir" attribute for your Host (or for the individual Contexts)
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html

Set the "directory" sttribute for your Access Log Valve
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html

Set the "directory" sttribute for your File Loggers (you've done this, i
think)
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/logger.html

If using the Standard Manager for session persistance set the "pathname"
attribute
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/manager.html

I think if you set the workDir for the Host all nested Elements will use
it, but you'll have to check this assumption :)

HTH,

Jon