tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <>
Subject Re: how to change to Tomcat work directory
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:31:54 GMT
You should be able to set this by modifying your server.xml and all
<context>.xml files:

Set the "workDir" attribute for your Host (or for the individual Contexts)

Set the "directory" sttribute for your Access Log Valve

Set the "directory" sttribute for your File Loggers (you've done this, i

If using the Standard Manager for session persistance set the "pathname"

I think if you set the workDir for the Host all nested Elements will use
it, but you'll have to check this assumption :)

Anne Durand wrote:
> Hello
> I would like to use Tomcat from a CD on Windows.
> I have changed the logs directory, but Tomcat doesn't start because the
> working directory is not writable.
> Is it possible to change it?
> Thanks

To unsubscribe, e-mail: