tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Can I include jsp files that are in a JAR / WAR ?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:46:11 GMT
Nice idea  but you can't do that.

The way to get around this is to let your build process do the dirty work for
you. Place all included like things in its own directory (directories), then
populate that directory during a build/publish of your webapp.

Steph Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to include jsp fragments that are located in an archive file.
> I have an environment, where several web-apps share a set of common include files, that
each web-app statically includes, with the
> <%@ include file="" %> directive.
> For the development version of this environment, I would like to be able to deploy the
shared include files as a single jar or war
> file, that is then referenced by the jsp pages in the web-app - so that the include files
are included directly from the jar. This
> is for neatness, and to avoid the possible confusion that would come from having multiple
copies of the shared includes ( one in