tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat4, where is classpath set when run as service
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:35:54 GMT

I'm no Windows server admin, I'm not acquainted with the finer details
of Windows services.  If they're not needed, I stand corrected.  My
intent was to encourage the original poster to consider the
functionality Tomcat has by default to achieve his goal, not to render
an authoritative answer on how Windows services work.

For fun I will test on XP Pro in the next week or so by deleting
JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME environment variables and then seeing if the
service will start.  If so, those are two fewer things I need to do when
installing and I will update my HOWTO accordingly.

John