tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Hooking Tomcat to Apache HTTPD
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:56:33 GMT
Julien Martin wrote:

> [Wed Jul 30 17:28:32 2003] [error] Can't find class org/apache/jk/apr/AprImpl
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/management/MBeanRegistration
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)

NoClassDefFoundError typically means that you have a class file or a JAR
file that is not the version your application is expecting.

Do you have a previous install of Tomcat or something else hanging
around on your system?

I would verify that you only have one copy of things like servlet.jar,
etc., that the copies are the copies and versions you expect, and that
your paths are set correctly.

John