tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Egolf <ceg...@ugholf.net>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm using LDAP with SSL
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:18:46 GMT
Jeff Tulley wrote:
> We've done exactly that.  What you need to do is import the root
> certificate into a .keystore file.  I'm not sure if Tomcat will pick up
> the default cacerts file, or if you always have to specify it like we
> did (-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=sys:/adminsrv/conf/.keystore etc)  My
> guess is that you can set that in the java.security file in
> java\lib\security instead of specifying it on the command line.

Thanks Jeff!  I used the command line trick and that worked.  I'm not sure about
the java.security file since I'm not sure what that is.  We are using another
filename for the keystore and explicitly specifying it for the https
configuration, so I'll bet this would work if the keystore file was the default
~/.keystore.

Thanks again.

Chris