tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: application scope variable lost
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:43:43 GMT
Even though your Servlet is loaded on startup the container (ie tomcat)
is free to unload and reload servlets at any time. This is why it is so
much better (IMO) to use ServletContextListeners for application
configuration. Does your servlet create empty maps even if they already
exist on the context? If so, the behaviour you are seeing is probably a
reload of your Servlet. (Weird that all 3 apps showed the same behaviour
at the same time, though)

Jon