tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Education
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:22:25 GMT

The Wrox book covers Tomcat 4.  I know this because I have a copy of it.
  It's actually a pretty decent resource.

Someone sent me a copy of "Mastering Tomcat Development", which looks
pretty good from my brief skimming.

I think perhaps you should clarify what you mean by "integrating with
Tomcat".  The only thing I know of that causes difficulty with any of
the number of servlet books out there is that the books typically use
the Invoker servlet which has been disabled by default in Tomcat 4 for
months (but is easily enabled if you must use it although it isn't
recommended).  The Invoker servlet issue is clearly covered in the
Tomcat FAQ, which is here:

There's the Application Development Guide:

There's the ClassLoader HOWTO, which will come in handy when you write
your own classes and you want to know where to put them and why:

And the configuration reference:

You will save yourself a ton of time, effort, and grief if, when you
experience a problem and can't solve it after a bit of time, you post
here to the list.  You'll usually get an answer promptly, typically
within an hour or so.

So, if you want to start another thread about your admin tool question,
I'm pretty confident you will get an answer promptly, assuming your
question is clearly worded and your post has specific information in it
describing what you are trying to do.