tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: tomcat error
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:31:53 GMT

The address Tomcat is trying to use to startup does not exist on the
machine.

This can happen if you are using NAT or have some other address
masking/forwarding going on.

Are you sure that the IP address Tomcat is using exists on the machine?
  If you've given Tomcat a hostname, does the IP address that the
hostname resolves to exist on the machine?

What hostname are you using?

John