tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Murthi <mur...@fnal.gov>
Subject different port to have different base directory
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:06:03 GMT
Hi,

I successfully configured tomcat for mutual authentication.

 I would like to start tomcat server with 2 connectors listening at

http://localhost:7080
https://localhost:7081

But both of them should use different base directory. i.e., when I invoke

http://localhost:7080/localservlet

from my browser, tomcat should try to find this servlet in
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/" location.

and if I invoke using https

https://localhost:7081/localservlet

it should try to find this servlet in "$CATALINA_HOME/secuareapps/"
location.

Is there any way of doing this without using virual hosts 'cuz I want
the same hostname.
Based on the port number (7080/7081) (or) protocol(http/https) they
should have different base root directory i.e., for example
I also do not want connections coming from http have access to look into
secureapps directory and https have access to webapps.

Have anybody tried this?

Thanks,
Vijay.