tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Derek Chen-Becker <dbec...@cpicorp.com>
Subject Re: Creating a custom realm [I don't know how]
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:29:49 GMT
Realms are loaded by the container (Tomcat), so I think you need to put
them in your server/lib or server/classes directories.

Derek

Hung Tang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How do I create my own custom realm and plug it into
> Tomcat for my web application?  I created CustomRealm
> that implements Realm.  But when I added a <realm>
> element in my context.xml and loaded up my
> application, it complained that CustomRealm could not
> be found (ClassNotFoundException).
>
> My CustomRealm class is in my <app>/WEB-INF/classes
> directory so I'm sure (as far as my application is
> concerned) that the class is in the proper classpath.
> I also placed the file in tomcat.home/common/lib but
> the error still persists.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> By the way, I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-1575 x6014
Fax:   314-613-6724
dbecker@cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: 1C34 D81E D8A0 641D 6C8C  E952 3B15 693F 9184 BC58