tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: War files don't work
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:00:13 GMT

 From the docs for Context:

"The Document Base (also known as the Context Root) directory for this
web application, or the pathname to the web application archive file (if
this web application is being executed directly from the WAR file). You
may specify an absolute pathname for this directory or WAR file, or a
pathname that is relative to the appBase directory of the owning Host."

Thus, if you're going to put a Context entry in server.xml for "nsfs",
make the docBase "nsfs.war", not "nsfs".

Further:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment

John