tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Roberts <techi...@ait-web.com>
Subject Re: Pb Form authentication
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:48:40 GMT
If I understand the question, then:

It sounds like you are trying to navigate directly to "login.jsp" which your not
suppose to do.

Reason:
j_security_check intercepts your request and checks to see if your are currently
authorized to go to that URI.  If you are then it forwards you to that location.
  If you navigate directly to login.jsp, then j_security_check doesn't know
where to forward you to.

v.siguier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I work with Tomcat 4.1.24 and I have a problem with authentication (I use DataSourceRealm)
at runtime.

> On login page, if I enter login - password existing in database with the rigth role to
access to the specified ressource it is OK
> (the targeted page is displayed).
> The problem happens when I enter an existing login - password with the wrong role : my
error page is displayed and when I
> click the login page link and enter an existing login - password with the rigth role
or wrong role, I have following Tomcat error