tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Roberts <techi...@ait-web.com>
Subject War files don't work
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:11:57 GMT

My server.xml contains this:
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">

<!-- NSFS Context -->
<Context path="/nsfs" docBase="nsfs" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="nsfs_log."
suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

My webapps dir contains my war file (nsfs.war).

The error I get looks like this:

   HTTP Status 404 - /nsfs
   type Status report
   message /nsfs
   description The requested resource (/nsfs) is not available.
   Apache Tomcat/4.1

If I manually expand the nsfs.war file into a webapps/nsfs/ directory then all
works fine.

How do I get Tomcat to use the war file?