tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aurele Venet <Aurele.Ve...@esa.int>
Subject Re: Dynamic Context
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:05:29 GMT
Elisabeth,

not sure what you use for uploading mechanism (i use the o-reilly
classes - cos.jar) but just to say that we upload images to a dir on the
server which are then included in a dyanmic page which is served by a
jsp.... works fine!  Not sure the content of your files, but if you
manage to same them on disc then you can dynamically refer to them form
either servlet or jsp by embedding them!

Vrata-madrid! ;-)

Elisabeth Rotbach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1)  My goal is to store into th server files uploaded and the user
> must be able to consult these documents.
> My main application is deployed with a war. To consult document, I
> have found this solution : creation of an another webapp (docBase ->
> store directory).
>
> 2) >>>A webapp shouldn't create other webapps.
>   Ok! But, how works the manager  ?
>
> Elisabeth - Toulouse
>

>> From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
>> To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>> Subject: RE: Dynamic Context
>> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:45:52 -0400
>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> >I have already post this question, but I haven't find the solution.
>>
>> Sometimes when solutions aren't posted, it's because people have read
>> the question and don't feel like delving into what seems like a bad
>> design to start with ;)
>>
>> A webapp shouldn't create other webapps.  It should be independent and
>> self-contained.  If you insist on going this route, good luck ;)  If
>> you're open to other designs, perhaps you could state your design goals
>> and people can help you with other, more elegant ways of achieving these
>> goals.
>>
>> Yoav Shapira

>> communication, and may contain information that is confidential,
>> proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the
>> individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied,
>> printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an)
>> intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your
>> computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

tel:+34.918.131.331