tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: JSP include - compilation problem
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:08:37 GMT
There is no workaround. ***

After a quick scan of jasper, I see that jspc will precompile *.jsp and
*.jspx. So you need a different extension then I mentioned below.

*** Ok there is - jspc does take file name arguements. (At least tomcat5
does) I haven;t done this so you'll need to experiement.

-Tim

Manikandan Balasubramanian wrote:

> RE: JSP include - compilation problem
> From:
> "Manikandan Balasubramanian" <manikandan.balasubramanian@wipro.com>
> Date:
> Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:22:11 +0530
> To:
> "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>

> All these JSP's are already in production and only recently we started to think about
JSP precompilation.
> The modification of included file name will work but will involve a overhead in terms
of QA.

> So,is there a switch or a new version of Jasper that works for such situations.
>
> Thanks,
> Mani

, child.jsp gets compiled separately and it throws and error for these undeclared variables.