tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: What order are jars used in the WARs lib directory?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:43:39 GMT
 From the spec:
"The web application classloader must load classes from the WEB-INF/ classes
directory first, and then from library JARs in the WEB-INF/lib directory."

So if you have patches - don't JAR them.

Since the spec doesn't specify JAR order, it may be different between
containers, containers version, or even OS's.

-Tim