tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 and 5.0
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:45:10 GMT
There is none that I know of.

There are many differences between 4.0.X and 4.1.X.
Likewise there are more diffs between 4.1.X and 5.

The changelog and releasenotes in 5 should give you an idea of most differences.

 From a PHB marketing point of view, here are the highlighted diffs between
4.1 and 5:
- Support for jsp 2.0 and servlet api 2.4
- Method of how webapps are deployed massively overhauled (From the proposal
I've read - this will be much better)
- Better JMX support
- Performance enhancements
- Better cluster support (Filip will correct me on this if I am wrong)

-Tim