tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Longwell <listse...@newmedialogic.com>
Subject Re: Autodeploy WAR File to ROOT Context Problem
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:59:24 GMT
OK, Tried again, and this time the file was not deleted.... not sure
what happened last time. But now I'm getting the WAR autoDeployed
according to both the context XML file AND as a war file to a directory
with the same name as the WAR file. In other words, my webapp is now
accessible via 2 contexts, no big deal, but I'd prefer to have only the
root context.

Also, let me explain a little better.

I am reading this section in the Docs:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment

And it indicates I can autoDeploy by creating a file *.xml with a
<Context> tag inside. This will act as if that context was entered in my
server.xml. This enables me to control where my WAR will be deployed via
a file external to server.xml. This is exactly what I want.

The second autoDeploy takes each *.war file and deploys it to a webapp
named the same as the war file. For example, my SoiledDove.war gets
deployed to a /SoiledDove webapp.

Because my context XML file deploys to path="" (the ROOT context in
other words), AND my SoiledDove.war file is in the webapps directory...
I am getting double auto-deployment.

How can I control which autoDeployment methods are enabled for a
particular WAR?

Thanks,
Aaron