tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yu Meng Chong <chon...@cymulacrum.net>
Subject Re: RPM Pacakages for RHLinux
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:32:08 GMT
Hari Om wrote:

> where can I download rpm file for JDK and Tomcat on Red Hat Linux  7.1
> I tried rpmfind.net freshrpms.net and rpmseek.com

I use the rpm version of IBM's Java, which you can download from :
https://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/lxdk/lxdk-p

> what is better way to INSTALL above pacakages on Red Hat
> Linux...(1)TAR/GZ or (2) RPM...?

They're both the same, more or less. For the tarball, you have to create
a directory and untar Java into that. For the rpm, you can just install
using rpm -ivh xxx.

> Where is the FORUM for RED HAT LINUX...?

I don't know ! I use Red Hat on my laptop, but am considering shifting
back to TurboLinux because of double byte support.

Regards,
pascal chong