tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Jacobson <marti...@libero.it>
Subject Context config - was Re: Pb with webapp admin
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:20:35 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:

> Put any <Context> specific stuff in a context configuration file.  See
> admin.xml and manager.xml in webapps for an example.  You must be using
> the manager app to upload a .war file since the server.xml is getting
> reloaded.  So, name your context configuration file "context.xml" and
> put it in the META-INF directory of your .war file.  Now do the upload
> and your context information should be there.

Currently, given an application called, say "drs", I provide a file
called "drs.xml" that sits in webapps. This contains the
<Context></Context> part of server.xml. Does the META-INF/context.xml
file do exactly the same thing? If so, which is preferred, if not, any
pointers to where I can find out about it?

I cant find anything in the docs about this. (I run tc 4.1.14)

Thanks,
Martin