tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Roberts <techi...@ait-web.com>
Subject JDBCRealm - Session not timing out
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:09:45 GMT
Should my JDBCRealm login reset when the session times out?

I have tried it in both Basic AUTH and Form AUTH.
My session never times out.

Actually, I'm not sure if session times out our not, (I have no session objects
in this test app) but if it does time out, my JDBCRealm login does not know
about it.

Here is a snipit from my web.xml:

<web-app>
   <session-config>
     <session-timeout>1</session-timeout>
   </session-config>
   <login-config>
     <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
     <realm-name>BASIC Authentication Area</realm-name>
<!--
     <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
     <realm-name>Form-Based Authentication Area</realm-name>
     <form-login-config>
       <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
       <form-error-page>/login_error.jsp</form-error-page>
     </form-login-config>
-->
   </login-config>
</web-app>