tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Le Berrigaud <sleber...@dexem.com>
Subject Re: How to read/write files located outside WEB-INF
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:16:41 GMT
If you are using Linux, maybe you could try to create a symbolic link in
your WEB-INF folder poiting to an external folder...

SaM

Mariano Rodriguez wrote:

>Hi, Im writting this application to edit configuration files. These files are located
in several folders in the local filesystem where the tomcat server is running and where my
app is also running.
>I want to be able to open/writte these files from a JSP but I've found in forums that
I can only read/write files located at the WEB-INF folder of my application. Is this true?
Is there a way to configure the tomcat server to allow a certain application to use an external
folder?
>Thank you all in advance for you help. I hope there something I can do to get this working..
its kind of importat.