tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark W. Webb" <m...@dolphtech.com>
Subject Re: How do I determine sessions within Tomcat?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:35:47 GMT
All you need is the following in your context's web.xml file :

<listener>
        <listener-class>my.own.SessionListener</listener-class>
</listener>

there should be an example in the examples context.  That is where I got
mine from

Turansky, Mark wrote:

>ok, I see th session listener interface in the javadocs as well as the session event class.
 any advice regarding *how* I plug it into tomcat?  Is your method a standard J2EE solution
or will this be Tomcat specific?

>thanks for the quick reply,
>mark

way to access all the sessions currently held in server memory?

>>My application is tracking users in a database table.  Upon login, I log the session
id along with a timestamp and other pertinent information.  If the user specifically clicks
the "log out" button, I can update my table with another timestamp, but I assume many will
simply timeout.  How do I update my table with their logout timestamp in the event of timeout?
 I was hoping to make a simple maintenance thread in the background that would check existing
sessions against my database table for this purpose.

>>Thanks in advance,
>>Mark

Mark Webb
Software Engineer