tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark W. Webb" <m...@dolphtech.com>
Subject Re: How do I determine sessions within Tomcat?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:30:11 GMT
you would probably want to write a SessionListener, and plug it into tomcat.

Turansky, Mark wrote:

>I am required to track users and their sessions in my web application.  Is there a way
to access all the sessions currently held in server memory?

>My application is tracking users in a database table.  Upon login, I log the session id
along with a timestamp and other pertinent information.  If the user specifically clicks the
"log out" button, I can update my table with another timestamp, but I assume many will simply
timeout.  How do I update my table with their logout timestamp in the event of timeout?  I
was hoping to make a simple maintenance thread in the background that would check existing
sessions against my database table for this purpose.