tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark W. Webb" <m...@dolphtech.com>
Subject problem loading classes on startup
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:02:27 GMT
I have wrote a C program that starts up tomcat using the Invocation API.  The reason for this
is so that I can prompt the user for a password that will open up a PKCS12 file If anyone
has a better solution, please let me know).

I have downloaded the tomcat 4.1.24, and commons-digester source and am trying to figure out
why I cannot get my program to work.  I have traced the problem to the Digester code.  The
Digeter class is having a problem finding classes :

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
org.apache.catalina.deploy.NamingResources
org.apache.catalina.deploy.ContextEnvironment

When I turn on debugging in tomcat, I get the following output :

<snip>
ClassLoaderFactory:    Including jar file /tmp/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-src/build/server/lib/catalina.jar
</snip>

which is where org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer is, so I am confused.

Although when I run tomcat in the standard way (startup.sh), all goes well.

Could someone please help

Thank you.