tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Colin de Verdière <tdeverdi...@scort.com>
Subject [TOMCAT4.1] ServletContext.getResource()
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:00:45 GMT
in case it has not been sent

Hello,
about a month ago i saw a thread talking about the getResourceAsStream()
that do not reloaded resource,
and that if you changed the resource as a config.xml file it doesn't
care about it is modified.
I didn't try this but i tried the method ServletContext.getResource(..)
on a property file,
and this file is reloaded sometimes but not always.
Since a property file is for me a resource as a Jsp, and when you change
Jsp
it is taking the modification into account (i don't know if i could say
that), i think it is a bug, but in the other it
is deployed in a directory not in a war file, and Servlet specification
doesn't say that the resource MUST BE RELOADED anytime so ...
Could you light a bit my thought on this?

Thanks,
Thomas