tomcat-users mailing list archives

From shanmugampl <shanmuga...@india.adventnet.com>
Subject Getting an error while using forEach Tag
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:20:33 GMT
Dear All,

       I am using forEach tag for iterating over an ArrayList present in
the session scope. The code I have used is

<core:forEach var="image" items="${TREE-IMAGES}">
    ------
    ------
</core:forEach>

       When i execute this page I get the following error

An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "items" with value "${TREE-IMAGES}":
Attempt to coerce a value of type "java.util.ArrayList" to type "java.lang.Long" (null

   But if I get the value and store it in a different name the forEach tag works properly.
The changed code is

<%
java.util.ArrayList list = (java.util.ArrayList)pageContext.findAttribute("TREE-IMAGES");
session.setAttribute("IMAGES",list);
%>
<core:forEach var="image" items="IMAGES">
	-----
	-----
</core:forEach>

   This works properly. Will there be a problem if there is a - in the variabe name or have
i misunderstood something.

Thanks
Shanmugam PL