tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark W. Webb" <>
Subject exporting certificate chain to tomcat
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:09:18 GMT
I have been researching this issue for a few days, and have come to the
conclusion that apache 2.0.46 is not exporting the entire certificate
chain to tomcat when I use mutually authenticated SSL.  I have tried
different configurations, and also some cgi-type programs to determine
whether or not I am doing something wrong.  So far, I have only been
able to get apache to export the user certificate to tomcat.  I want
tomcat to have the entire certificate chain that was used in the SSL,
and not just the user certificate.

Does anyone know if this is a limitation of apache, a bug, or am I doing
something wrong.

Thank you.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: