tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Riddoch <Mark.Ridd...@athoa.com>
Subject Sharing a session between multiple frames
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:14:51 GMT

I have a webapp that makes use of the session to store a key to track
the current state of a user. This all works fine under Tomcat 4.0 but
when I move to 4.1 on Linux I get a problem as soon as I start invoking
multiple frames on a page. It seems that a different thread is used for
the two frames on my page, and that the new thread that gets invoked
doesn't have the session object any more. Does anybody know of a way to
change the configuration of  Tomcat 4.1 so that I share the session
between the two frames?

Thanks
Mark.