tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: AW: deleting JSP Files?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:22:29 GMT
Yup (for generated_web.xml file) - I never use precompiled JSP (wish I could
so my experience is limited, as well as my knowledge).

Tomcat5 example webapp use precompiled jsps.

But the xml snippet generated by the ANT task is essential to using
precompiled JSP's. That snippet declares each servlet in a servlet
declaration then maps them to the appropriate JSP file using <servlet-mapping>.

-Tim