tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Burns" <sbu...@trcinc.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat load not distributed equally by Apache
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:35:20 GMT
Thanks very much Simon. :)  We will take a look at this.

Best Regards,

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Pabst [mailto:simon.pabst@web.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 1:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat load not distributed equally by Apache

We had the same problem, see this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg97638.html

Unless mod_jk Developers fix this, the only possible solution seems to
build and use Apache 2 with Multithreading support (i used the worker
mpm,
perchild should work too, see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mpm.html
) then build mod_jk1/2 again with the new apxs.

I used for my Apache2/mod_jk2/mod_ssl:
httpd-2.0.47:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache2 --with-mpm=worker --enable-ssl
--enable-so --enable-rewrite --enable-proxy

tomcat-connectors-1.1M1-src:
./configure --with-apxs2=/path/to/apache2/bin/apxs [
--with-java-home=/path/to/java --with-jni ]