tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject Is it possible to add header values to the request (not the respo nse)?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:46:59 GMT
Hey all,

My production application uses a site minder web agent.  This agent places
two name/value pairs into the request header, one for userName, the other
for domain.

In my application, I have a filter which looks for these values to make sure
the user is logged in.  Currently I do not have site minder in my
development environment, but I would like to simulate its functionality by
placing values in the request header before my other filter looks for them.

I know that you can place values in the response header.  Can it be done
with the request as well?

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.