tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Mamet <mma...@embarcgroup.com>
Subject REPOST: IIS 5.0, jk2, & Distributed Tomcats
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:37:45 GMT
We are a traditionally ASP web development shop that is begun the process of

converting to Java. That's the good news.

We host all our sites on one machine, so we are trying to find a

configuration that allows all our ASP and Java servlet sites to co-exist.

We have successfully implemented the jk2 w/Tomcat 4.1.24, following the

instructions found in this list and on the jakarta main site.

Traditionally, we have had 1 development machine where all our developers

make edits to code.

We realize the potential disaster this setup could wreak, so we are trying

to implement winCVS.

As part of this process, we are struggling to come up with a way to create

the separate environments necessary to accomodate CVS.

We'd like to create a setup where 1 main IIS server is sending ajp requests

to our developer machines that are each running Tomcat.

This way, each developer machine can house it's own sandbox version of each

webapps code.

Am I correct in saying that this is doable, by modifying the

workers2.properties file?

If so, am I modifying the channel.socket entry or the worker entry?

Any help with examples is greatly appreciated.

We are running Win2k Server, IIS 5.0, Tomcat 4.1.24, jk2

Sincerely,

Matthew Mamet

Developer

embarc LLC