tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Mamet <mma...@embarcgroup.com>
Subject IIS 5.0, jk2, & Distributed Tomcats
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:48:21 GMT
We are a traditionally ASP web development shop that is begun the process of
converting to Java. That's the good news.
We host all our sites on one machine, so we are trying to find a
configuration that allows all our ASP and Java servlet sites to co-exist.
We have successfully implemented the jk2 w/Tomcat 4.1.24, following the
instructions found in this list and on the jakarta main site.

Traditionally, we have had 1 development machine where all our developers
make edits to code.
We realize the potential disaster this setup could wreak, so we are trying
to implement winCVS.
As part of this process, we are struggling to come up with a way to create
the separate environments necessary to accomodate CVS.

We'd like to create a setup where 1 main IIS server is sending ajp requests
to our developer machines that are each running Tomcat.
This way, each developer machine can house it's own sandbox version of each
webapps code.

Am I correct in saying that this is doable, by modifying the
workers2.properties file?
If so, am I modifying the channel.socket entry or the worker entry?

Any help with examples is greatly appreciated.
We are running Win2k Server, IIS 5.0, Tomcat 4.1.24, jk2
Sincerely,

Matthew Mamet
Developer
embarc LLC