tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manuel Mall ...@arcus.com.au>
Subject Redirecting JSP output to a file
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:11:42 GMT

I need to capture the output of a JSP invocation to a file so that I can
later serve it as a static HTML file.

I am thinking of providing my own JspWriter implementation and overwrite the
out member variable at the beginning of the JSP script but that appears to
me as a very crude solution. The JSP will actually be invoked from a servlet
using the include() method. So if it would be possible to switch the
ServletOutputStream to a file for that invocation or give it a new
OutputStream that would seem a bit more elegant but I don't know if it can
be done and how.

Any suggestions what would be the easiest way to achieve what I need to do
would be much appreaciated.

Manuel