tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sandy Voellinger" <sandy.voellin...@leros.net>
Subject Tomcat and Acces Control Lists
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:28:50 GMT
I am fairly new to Tomcat and am trying to set up control lists for
authentication.  I have a site that is mostly static content, .htm and
.doc files, but we want to secure them with basic authentication.  Ex.
Log into site and access is granted to specified directories/files.  The
key for us is that it must challenge each time the user comes back, so
if they bookmark a page, it will require them to authenticate before
they are granted access.  Can any provide information on how to set up
the ACL’s and any other suggestions to help me out?

Thanks !
Sandy
              Sandy Voellinger
         Systems Administrator