tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angus Mezick" <amez...@guidestar.org>
Subject RE: tracking downloads
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:59:32 GMT
Actually, as I think on it more I realize that if you do not absolutely
need real time reporting of when a download has occurred you are better
off just processing the access log.  Anything in the server will just be
more server overhead.  Might not matter, depends on how busy your system
is and if you plan on getting posted to slashdot.org's front page in the
near future :)
--Angus