tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Montoro <epi4...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Using Sun JAI with Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:07:36 GMT
DLL's (.dll/.so files) should be placed somewhere OS
can find them, either via "/etc/ld.so.conf" (making a
ldconfig) or in a directory listed in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variable (as I'm doing in my custom start_tomcat.sh
script, that is actualy a wrapper of startup.sh)

If I put everything in TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib/ and set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to that directory, Tomcat do render
the JPEG/GIF images I'm doing... But the problem is
when I change that directory to somewhere else, as
TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib/sun.jai-1.1.2-linux-i386/lib/

Yes, I could be smart and leave everything in the same
directory, but our app do use lots of external jars
(ororegexp, jdbc from 5 different vendors, etc), and I
would like to leave shared/lib/ as clean as possible
to track versioning of those jar files.