tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Montoro <>
Subject Using Sun JAI with Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:43:59 GMT
Hi everybody,

I've read tons of questions about CLASSPATH and
CATALINA_OPTS ways to add classes to Tomcat's env and
why this should be avoided. Our app requires some
graphics manipulation, and I've read good comments
about Sun's "Java Advanced Imaging API".

This is one of the trickiest packages I've ever seen,
as it does not require X to be installed and running
in order to make awt manipulations, but it uses some
DLL/SO files for Solaris (sparc/i386), Linux and
Windows. DLL's in Unix platforms have the same name,
so I cannot just put both them in the same directory
(say CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib/)

So I would rather prefer to have both versions in
different subdirectories and append one or another to
classpath/classloader depending on `uname -o/i/p`. Say

How do I do that? I'm in the correct path? Does
anybody know why multiplatform is broken with this
library? Any suggestions on my ""
script parameters will be realy appreciated.

By now I've set "-Xbootclasspath/a:/path/to/jai/" and
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/jai/" (both exported), but
it doesn't work...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message