tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Riaan Oberholzer <riaanoberhol...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Q] Form-based authentication with DatasourceRealm
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:51:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use Realms for the first time. The
documentation of Tomcat is pretty straight foward and
everything is clear (and surprisingly simple), except
how I must name the "action=???" paramaters for my
form in which the authentication is done.

The Tomcat example is:
<form method="POST" action='<%=
response.encodeURL("j_security_check") %>' >

for a MemoryRealm

Is this standard for all Realms and can/should I use
it as is, or how does it look for a Datasource Realm?

Thanks!