tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Montoro <epi4...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject mod_jk2 with jni+pcre, what for?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:22:05 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm trying different setups of mod_jk2 for our JSP
application with Apache 2.0 acting as frontend.

With the help of apachewiki and Simon Pabst I've
succesfuly setup Tomcat 4.1.24 with Apache 2.0.47,
running Sun JDK 1.4.1 with mod_jk2 2.0.2 (jni and pcre
enabled), using Unix sockets (not TCP). Obviously
Tomcat is running on the same machine as Apache...

My question is: Why would I like to use this setup
instead of the "easier" TCP/IP method? Would jni+Unix
Sockets be faster? What does the Perl Regular
Expressions do in all this thing?

Thanks everybody,

Ivan