tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hung San <hst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Creating a custom realm [I don't know how]
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:11:12 GMT
Hi there,

How do I create my own custom realm and plug it into
Tomcat for my web application?  I created CustomRealm
that implements Realm.  But when I added a <realm>
element in my context.xml and loaded up my
application, it complained that CustomRealm could not
be found (ClassNotFoundException).

My CustomRealm class is in my <app>/WEB-INF/classes
directory so I'm sure (as far as my application is
concerned) that the class is in the proper classpath.
I also placed the file in tomcat.home/common/lib but
the error still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24