tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kitty winslet <tomcat...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject RE: tomcat web application manager question
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:54:38 GMT
Hi..Shapira and Dear All,

May I know what do you mean by

"Simply create that context path under the webapps
directory. You can also specify it in context.xml if
you want, but that's not required."

Can you explain in more detail?  Do u mean add context
entry in server.xml? or what? what is the content of
the context.xml file that you are refering to? Where
should I save the file?

"Use \\ for backslash or alternatively
forward slashes throughout the whole URL. Start with
file:// not just a single slash."

Result still the same, no another application added to
the list.  But I want to know why we need to add the
"hello" as the new application? What does it mean?
Without adding it as the application, the JSP still
work as normal right?

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:
Howdy,

>After that I decided to create index.html and
hello.jsp file to a
different
>directory C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4-1-18\webapps\hello\ But
....\hello is not
in
http://server:port/hello/index.html, I
>got 404. So I need to specify the context path in the
Tomcat Web
>Application Manager???

Simply create that context path under the webapps
directory. You can
also specify it in context.xml if you want, but that's
not required.

>I create a context.xml with the following content and
save to hello
folder.
>>debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

Call it hello.xml not context.xml.

>PATH = /hello
>Config URL=
file:/C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4-1-18\webapps\hello\context.xml
>WAR URL=
file:/C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4-1-18\webapps\hello\hello.war

I'm not sure this is a valid URL. Use \\ for backslash
or alternatively
forward slashes throughout the whole URL. Start with
file:// not just a
single slash. See the manager app how-to for URL
details.

Yoav Shapira